Sunday, May 22, 2011

Today was a day to celebrate!

Today we celebrated my daughter's sixth birthday!

This was extra special for us because just a year ago, our daughter was in the hospital battling for her life. 

On May 1st, Megan was diagnosed with ALL....leukemia.  We were all so devastated, yet ready to fight this with all we have.

I'm so proud of my little girl, who throughout the year, has fought this off like a true warrior.  While we are still in the battle, and will be for the next 17 months, we celebrated her life, and our life getting back to "normal" by having a house full of people to celebrate along with us. 

So for the first time in a long while, our house was full, and loud, and chaotic, and happy.  It was so beautiful that I found myself tearing up a few times. 

So give your children a hug tonight, tell them you love them, and try to celebrate the normal stuff a little bit everyday!! 

Blessings!

2 comments:

  1. Hello, mustang67 from SL. I decided I needed to become an official follower of your blog. I regularly click on your blog from SL, but this way I won't miss any updates as you become a big writer.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's the miracle in the midst of the normal stuff, huh? Yup. I'm really relating to that this week.

    ReplyDelete