Thursday, March 17, 2011

Getting back to it isn't always the easiest.

My intentions were good.  I was feeling the creative juices flowing.  I had visions of sitting down in my quiet spot to create hours worth of crafty cards, scrapbook pages, and gift tags.  BLISS!

Then the flu hit our little home and well......

First I came down with it.  Headache, body aches, weakness.   Just an all around blah feeling. 

Next was my nine year old.  "Mom I'm cold.  Mom I'm sweaty."  Uh oh.  Here we go.

Today it was my 12 year old.  "Mom I feel like I climbed a mountain yesterday.  Everything hurts".  Uh oh squared.

So I broke out the lysol, the antibacterial wipes and gel, the surgical masks (don't laugh...we do wear those when we are sick to protect my daughter who is undergoing chemo therapy right now).

My life has become a series of trips up and down our stairs bringing things to and from my boy's rooms while still attempting to take care of my five year old little girl with leukemia, meanwhile nursing myself back to health and NOT getting her sick all at the same time.

*sigh*  Saying I'm exhausted is the understatement of the year. 

But I WILL get back to it!  In fact, I've taken a few minutes each day to get downstairs and peruse some idea books and go through my inventory.  The creative juices are still flowing.  Only right now, they have been a little diluted with all the OJ I've been downing. 

Stay tuned....

1 comment:

  1. Oh, hon. Just do your best to stay healthy yourself, and take care of your kiddos. All the rest is gravy.

    ReplyDelete