Wednesday, March 9, 2011

My name is Eliz, and I'm a crafting addict.

They say that admitting it is the first step, so here it goes.  I have a problem, with craft supplies. 

I love them.

I enjoy them.

They make me happy.

Making something out of nothing makes me giddy.

I buy the stuff whenever I can with full expectations of sitting down to my quiet crafting space, that my wonderful hubby made for me, and spending hours among my piles of supplies creating things that would send Martha Stewart back to the big house for attempting to gain control of my cool little crafting empire. 

And it gets worse...not only do I purchase these items, but I also LOVE to organize them (how type A can I get?).  I buy pretty boxes and storage systems and make them all look I just stepped out of Real Simple Magazine.  It just makes me so happy. 

So what is the problem with this exactly?  Well, first of all, as the homeschooling mom of three, one of whom is currently undergoing treatment for leukemia, where does one find the time exactly? 

In reality, I don't have the time to spend making all the creations that pop into my head at any moment.  But I DO seem to find the time to buy all the stuff! LOL  Herein lies my issue.....

Is it crazy to have a hobby that mainly consists of buying products for a hobby?  Am I crazy?  Maybe.  I'll post pics tomorrow and you can be the judge! ;)

So a few weeks ago I discovered the nirvana (if you will) of all crafting supplies while at a friends house working on one of my many scrapbooks. 

I was instantly covetous and had to confess my sin on more than one occasion.  I ran home and researched the said item and after much deliberation I have decided....

I must make it mine.

Here is the beautiful piece of equipment....

It's called the Cricut Expressions cutting system.  What does it do you ask? Well it cuts beautiful pieces of artwork out of regular old cardstock as well as vellum, vinyl, just about any material you can think of.  It does so many things that I'm sure I haven't even touched the surface of what this thing can do!  I'm pretty sure it even makes julienne fries judging from one review I read.    If you would like to read more about it, you can find it here at:  http://www.cricut.com/.  I got the above photo from their website.

Will it become mine?  We will see.  I'm trying to be a good girl, and make a smart financial choice about when/if to get it.  I'll keep you all posted!  Meanwhile, if you need me, I will be at my friend's house playing with hers.  Goodness, its like the Barbie Dream House envy of 1980 all over again! LOL

2 comments:

  1. Eliz, I got one for Christmas and (hanging head in shame) I haven't taken it out of the box. But I will. Oh, I will. But like you, time's been a little scarce around here. But I get you on the craft supplies. I love them. Especially scrapbook paper. I'm addicted. Some people like fabric (and I do, too), but I love looking at papers. Sigh...it's a sickness I think. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooooh. Ahhhhhhh. ;-D

    I deal with my own addictions to kitchen gadgets.

    ReplyDelete